Eppendorf has introduced four new rotors for its Centrifuges 5804/5804 R and 5810/5810 R.
Two swing-bucket rotors increase the capacity of Centrifuge 5804/5804 R to 1 litre and Centrifuge 5810/5810 R to 3 litres.
According to Eppendorf, the 3 litre swing-bucket rotor (4 x 750 mL) makes the Centrifuge 5810/5810 R the smallest 3 litre centrifuge available.
The rotors contain options for round and plate buckets, either of which can use aerosol-tight Eppendorf QuickLock caps for one-handed operation.
A round bucket also allows for energy savings up to 36% compared to the A-4-81 rotor.
The company has also launched two new fixed-angle rotors for the 5804/5804 R and 5810/5810 R Centrifuges, both also featuring QuickLock lids.
The new 48 x 1.5/2 mL rotor (FA-45-48-11) has a max speed of 19,083 x g.
Also available is a high-capacity fixed-angle rotor for 15 mL conical and glass tubes (F-35-48-17), with capacity for 40 x 15 mL conical tubes and max speed up to 5,050 x g.
- Swing-bucket rotors increase Centrifuge capacities to 1 litre and 3 litres respectively.
- Aerosol-tight Eppendorf QuickLock® caps allow one-handed operation and require just a quarter turn.
- Energy savings of up to 36% thanks to new bucket design.
- 48 x 1.5/2 mL rotor (FA-45-48-11) has a max speed of 19,083 x g
- F-35-48-17 rotor can hold 40 x 15 mL conical tubes and has a max speed up to 5,050 x g.