Data acquisition in cytometry
Kaluza for Gallios from Beckman Coulter Life Science is designed for data acquisition in cytometry, across cell analysis applications.
The software for the Beckman Coulter Gallios cytometer combines cutting edge data acquisition tools with ease of use to increase efficiency and performance in the cell characterisation and analysis workflow of core research laboratories.
Gallios flow cytometers combine sensitivity, resolution and dynamic range with high-speed data collection. Digital signal processing is accurate at high event rates over a range of fluorescence intensities.
The systems house up to three solid-state lasers, with red and blue standard and violet or yellow available as an option, and have easily interchangeable optical filters for detection of a variety of dyes and wavelengths.
An innovative forward-scatter detector provides up to three measurements of cell size and visualization of particles down to 0.404 um in diameter, and fluorescent detectors enable concurrent reading of up to ten colours.
“Researchers will use the time savings, flexibility and analytical power of Kaluza for Gallios to further their experiments and make lab time more productive,” said Sharlene Wright, senior manager at Beckman Coulter Flow Cytometry.
“Offering a version of the software that is dedicated to enhancing the performance of the market leading Kaluza Analysis and Gallios will help researchers achieve greater productivity. It continues the vision of Kaluza platform development ? implementing this powerful analytical product to simplify complex flow cytometry data acquisition.”
Kaluza for Gallios flow cytometry analysis software is for research use only and is provided on a Windows 7 (64-bit) operating system.
- Ability to set up experimental protocols offline.
- Gallios simulator, which facilitates instrument training without running live experiments.
- Combines with Kaluza Analysis cytometry data analysis programme to provide a total cytometry data management solution.
- Guided Windows-based drag-and-drop interface.
- Visual management tools enable tracking of instrument function and experiment progress.
- Voltage and compensation can be quickly, accurately and intuitively changed.
- Wizard function makes it easy to create compensation matrices, and a radial menu means minimal click-through while creating gates and accessing editing tools.