Horiba UK has launched the Pentra XLR compact five part DIFF haematology analyser.
Incorporating full reticulocyte parameters to facilitate the investigation and diagnosis of haemopoiesis and anaemia, the analyser is the latest addition to the Pentra family and brings the company’s reticulocyte technology with STAT capabilities to a smaller platform.
The Pentra XLR is suitable for space-restricted laboratories or those with a smaller workload.
Featuring an integrated PC, it eliminates manual methods to enhance laboratory productivity and ensure standardisation of the reticulocyte count.
“The Pentra XLR enhances laboratory productivity, flexibility and quality, adding value to any haematology laboratory,” said Cleve Wright, Horiba UK.
“By incorporating full reticulocyte analytical capabilities, the Pentra XLR delivers high quality detailed analysis for highly accurate patient diagnosis on a compact platform.”
- Large capacity auto-loader and ability to process 80 samples per hour, combined with auto rerun.
- Customised Dilution Ratio (CDR) and automatic validation enable a hands-off approach.
- Microsampling system requires only 53µl of blood for FBC and 35µl for full reticulocyte analysis.
- Reticulocyte channel utilises Thiazole Orange technology, providing a full maturity profile in addition to a highly accurate reticulocyte count.
- Compatible with ABX Pentra ML data management.
- Three quality control levels for all parameters.