The Avanti J-26S high performance centrifuge claims to combine important environmental benefits with increased safety features.
According to the company, coupling the J-26S with new 1-litre polypropylene bottles furthers sample security and extends the range of biopharmaceutical and research applications.
The J-26S provides high speed, low heat output, imbalance tolerance and low noise.
Its ergonomic design, featuring lower instrument height and hands-free door operation, remains unchanged.
- Dual-system rotor recognition that automatically detects which rotor is installed and prevents it from being run above its maximum rated speed, and does so without shutting down the run
- Rotor library includes fixed-angle, swinging bucket, elutriation, continuous flow and zonal rotors that offer speeds as high as 26,000 rpm and rcf up to 81,800 (x g)
- Processing of up to six liters of fermenter output
- The capability to run 24 microplates at a time and separate live-cell populations with centrifugal elutriation.
- BioCertified rotors, instruments and labware reduce microbiological aerosols, while sterilising grade filters capture harmful aerosols that might be expelled into the lab environment
The system is made of resin that incorporates 18% post-consumer recycled plastic water bottles, each centrifuge keeps approximately 7.5 pounds of post-consumer materials from entering a landfill.
The resin offers impact, scratch and chemical resistance throughout its life. Non-CFC, non-ozone depleting refrigerant extends the environmental benefits.
Thick walls made of strong resin enable the new 1-litre polypropylene bottles to be used in runs at speeds up to 16,800 x g and temperatures up to 40°C, providing higher g forces and more efficient run times while protecting samples from bottle failure.
Equipped with a wide mouth that provides easy access to samples, the bottles offer more head space to prevent leakage and have a vent to release pressure. Accessories include a tool to tighten or loosen the cap, a custom spatula to simplify pellet removal and a carrier.