The N-470 linear actuator from Physik Instrumente is designed to simplify the automated adjustment of mechanical and optomechanical components.
The actuator can be integrated into conventional mirror holders or positioning stages for precisely aligning the beam path of optical assemblies.
It features a travel range from 7.5 mm to 26 mm and is also available as vacuum version to 10-6 hPa and 10-9 hPa.
- Comes with a mounting thread or a shaft for integration into the existing application environment.
- Has a high motion resolution of typically 20 nm and can, in consequence, align optical components with utmost precision.
- The actuator keeps a position with long-term stability and is vibration-proof and shock-resistant. It provides a holding force of >100 N and a feed force of 22 N.
- Achieves high holding force and resolution by combining a piezomotor with mechanical thread translation. When at rest, the drive is self-locking and requires no current.
- Claimed to be the smallest linear actuator of its performance range.